- 2006-07 FAS Incentive Plan Questions and Answers
- 2006-2007 Merit Program and Staff Compensation Plan
- 3% Merit Matrix
- A History of the University of California San Francisco
University of California, San Francisco is a leading university that consistently defines health care worldwide by conducting advanced biomedical research, educating graduate students in life sciences and providing complex patient care.
Benefits of Belonging
UC provides exceptional benefits in addition to the special intellectual and cultural advantages of being a member of the UC Community. The University offers outstanding health and welfare benefits and programs for secure retirement that are considered to be among the finest in higher education. The benefits received depend on the number of hours worked, type of appointment and classification.
- Clinical Research Coordinator: Job Descriptions and Specifications
- Critical Position Background Checks
At UCSF we recognize that the culture of the workplace and opportunities for career growth and development are important to all employees. Here are some ways in which we create a culture which values individual employee needs.
- Employee Statement of Waiver to Excercise Seniority /
- Fiscal Year 2008-09 at a Glance
- FLSA Questionnaire /
- Forms, Job Description Forms
Frequently Asked Questions and Feedback
Answers to questions about the UCSF Careers job applicant site
HIPAA Confidentiality Statement
Fulfills confidentiality requirements under HIPAA as well as university policy issues.
How to Apply
In order to be considered for open positions at UCSF, you will need to submit your resume through our online application process. After submitting your resume, you will receive an email confirming that your submission has been received.
Information Technology Supplement
To be completed for all Computer Resource Specialist and Programmer/Analyst positions.
Job Description & Employee Requisition Form
To be completed for all staff positions (including Senior Leadership Compensation Group positions).
- Job Evaluation Matrices for Analyst, Staff Research Associate, & Assistant Titles
- Job Evaluation Matrix - Analyst Series /
- Job Evaluation Matrix - Clerical/Administrative /
- Job Evaluation Matrix - Staff Research Associate /
- Jobs for Veterans Act Summary; September 2007
Intro text goes here
- New Hire Checklist
- New Hire Checklist: Recommended Actions
To be completed for all Nurse positions.
Online Employee Requisition
Fastest way to get your requisition posted
Payroll Transfer Authorization Form
From the UCSF Accounting Office website
- Performance Evaluation Form for MSP-PSS (for non-represented employees) /
- Performance Evaluation Form for SMG (Senior Management Group—those appointed by the Regents) /
- Performance Evaluation Form for Staff (for represented employees)
- Probationary/Limited Release Due to [Lack of Work, Lack of Funds, or Reorganization] /
- Recruitment, Classification, and Compensation Guidelines
- Reemployment of UC Retired Employees Policy Guidelines and Process
- Request for Order of Indefinite Layoff or Reduction-In-Time /
Request for Sensitive Employee Fingerprinting
Once the employee is fingerprinted, his/her prints are forwarded to Sacramento, Department of Justice, for a records check. When the Police Department receives the results, a memorandum is initiated advising the department that the employee is cleared.
- Request Specialty Pay Form /
- Rewards & Recognition Links
- Rewards & Recognition Toolkit
- SALARY EQUITY INCREASE GUIDELINES FOR UCSF STAFF POSITIONS
- Salary Grade Ranges: Tier 1
- Salary Grade Ranges: Tier 2
Samples of Appropriate Interview Questions
There are several pages of questions. Because each position is unique, these questions may or may not suit your specific needs. You might begin sorting out the questions by choosing only categories pertinent to a particular job/position. You may need to adapt or rephrase the questions to the specifics of your position.
Script for Hiring Managers—Total Compensation
How to describe the total compensation of employment at UCSF.
Senior Leadership Compensation Group
The information on this website provides an overview of the roles, responsibilities, and logistics of both the UCSF Compensation Committee and the UCSF Senior Leadership Compensation Group (SLCG) Team.
Senior Management Group Service Center
The UCSF Senior Management Group (SMG) Service Center serves campus and Medical Center employees designated in the SMG personnel program. Administration of the UCSF SMG Program is centralized within the Human Resources Specialty Center-Senior Leadership Compensation Group (SLCG) Unit. Positions designated as senior management provide leadership requiring the exercise of a high degree of independent judgment in the development of Universitywide or campuswide policy and program direction and accountability for long-term results.
The President, as executive head of the University, has responsibility for the policies and programs governing the terms and conditions of employment for staff members who hold senior management positions, except for certain actions which are reserved to The Regents and Principal Officers of The Regents as set forth in the Bylaws and Standing Orders of The Regents, and except as delegated by the President to Chancellors, Laboratory Director, and the Executive Vice President—Business Operations.
- Staff Research Associate II-FLSA Questionnaire /
Technical Research Supplement
To be completed for all Laboratory Assistant and Staff Research Associate positions.
- Temporary Employment Program (TEP)
- Title and Pay Plan
Total Compensation (Calculator)
Calculate Value of UCSF Staff Benefits Online
The professional schools of the University of California, San Francisco are among the top in the nation, according to current US News and World Report graduate school and other rankings.
UCSF Campus Maps
Locations and directions to UCSF offices.
- UCSF Medical Center Moves Up in Top 10 National Ranking
- UCSF/Affiliate Dual Employment Review /
- Why Work at UCSF?
- Working with a Sample Script