Senior Management Group
This Senior Management Group (SMG) website provides an overview on a variety of SMG topics: UCSF SMG Service Center contacts, policies, payroll, and benefits.
UCSF SMG Service Center
- Staff Personnel Policies – “Personnel Policies for Staff Members” (PPSM): SMG members are covered by “Personnel Policies for Staff Members” (PPSM)
- SMG Human Resources Policies: SMG members are covered by additional SMG policies found on the “SMG Human Resources Policies” website.
UCSF Senior Leadership Organizational Charts
UCSF campus leadership organizational charts are located here.
SMG members are covered by general UC benefits and SMG members, with a full-time (100 percent), career appointment may also be eligible to receive the additional benefits listed below. Questions/concerns related to SMG benefits should be directed to the SMG Service Center.
- SMG Benefit Program
- Senior Management Supplemental Benefit Program
- Salary Continuation for Disability: Senior Management Salary Continuation and Personnel Policies for Staff Members
- Senior Management Life Insurance
- Home Loan Programs.
SMG Payroll Coordination
UCSF SMG payroll is centralized within the SMG Service Center, located within the Human Resources Senior Leadership Compensation Unit. Below is a list of provided services:
- SMG Payroll Transactions –All requests for changes to payroll records must be submitted, via email, to the SMG Service Center, with required approval(s).
- Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) – For extended SMG sick leave absences, notification is to be sent to the SMG Service Center which will generate FMLA packages and coordinate this process. For unexpected SMG sick leave absences, notification should be sent to the SMG Service Center on the fourth day of the absence.
- Various SMG Payroll Issues: Workers’ Compensation, Disability, Catastrophic Leave, Service Calculations (for vacation accrual purposes).
SMG Personnel Files and Performance Appraisals
- SMG Personnel Files - SMG personnel are maintained within the Senior Leadership Compensation Group Unit of Human Resources, which serves as the office of record.
SMG Annual Merit/Staff Recognition/Incentive Award Processes
These processes are coordinated within Human Resources by the Senior Leadership Compensation Group Unit. Once Regental approvals are secured, implementation of payments is coordinated by the SMG Service Center.
Outside Professional Activity Reporting
This process is coordinated within Human Resources by the Senior Leadership Compensation Group unit. Refer to systemwide policy for details. On a monthly basis, the SLCG Coordinator reconciles compensated outside activities against vacation usage/leave without pay on SMG HBS time records as well as against pre-approvals.
Conflict of Interest
Upon entering or leaving the SMG program, and on an annual basis, each member is required to complete a “Conflict of Interest” form. This process is coordinated through the Office of Legal Affairs. Policy details can be found on the campus web site under Campus Administrative Policy #150-10. The following presentation provides an overview of “Conflict of Interest” issues: UCSF Conflict of Interest Powerpoint Presentation (*.ppt).
Senior Leadership Group Process
Executive compensation review processes, for MSP 7-10 and SMG positions, are coordinated within Human Resources in the Senior Leadership Compensation Unit. For details on the SLCG compensation review processes, refer to the Senior Leadership Compensation Group website.