HR Update; July 27, 2012
In this Edition
- Operation Excellence Update
- Benefits Family Member Verification Update
- Upcoming Development Classes
- Free UC Retirement Readiness Education Programs for Faculty & Staff
- Share Your Bright Ideas
Operation Excellence Update
(as reported in July OE Update)
After more than two years of design and implementation, HR service centers and specialty centers are now delivering HR and Academic Personnel services to all of UCSF. Now that we are fully live, we are pleased to provide an update on achievements, progress, and plans for the future.
- The academic renewal process is on track for the new fiscal year.
- Approximately 17,000 service request tickets have been received since the first go-live in January.
- 50,000 personnel files have been transferred over to the new UCSF HR organization.
- The UCSF HR Advisory Board launched, comprised of staff and academic stakeholders. The board's focus is to advise on strategic activities to ensure our priorities reflect the customer needs.
In addition, improvements to the customer experience have been made:
- Streamlined and improved onboarding for new staff employees, thanks to the five HR Service Centers
- A faster HR Service Request System
- A new, campus-wide online benefit enrollment system for Residents and Clinical Fellows, making open enrollment easier (Continue reading…)
Benefits Family Member Verification Update
In the July 13 HR Update Article, we announced that Phase II of the FMV (Family Member Verification) Audit would begin in July and include employees that added dependents after February 1 through June 15, 2012. This also includes ‘newly’ eligible employees that enrolled dependents during their new PIE (Period of Initial Eligibility).
These employees received letters in early July outlining the FMV process and have until next Tuesday, July 31, 2012, to comply.
Employees who have questions about this process, or still need to submit documents, should work with Secova directly. Secova is able to provide assistance in multiple languages.
- Secova Website
- Phone: 1-877-632-8126 (toll-free). Representatives are available from 7am to 7pm, PST, 7 days a week. Your call is confidential.
Note employees that do not respond, risk losing their own benefits as well as the benefits covering their family members. Read about how the Family Member Verification Strengthens UC Benefits and Saves Money.
Upcoming Development Classes
- Project Management (Module 1): Initiating
August 1, 2012, 8:30am–12:30pm
- Setting Performance Expectation
August 9, 2012, 8:30am–12:30pm
- Coaching for Improved Performance
August 9, 2012, 1pm–5pm
- Problem Solving/Decision Making
August 17, 2012, 8:30am–12:30pm
- Project Management (Module 2): Planning & Estimating
August 17, 2012, 1pm–5pm
- 3-Day OLPPS Inquiry & Entry Update Training
August 22-24, 9am–4pm
- Conducting Performance Appraisal
August 23, 2012, 8:30am–12:30pm
- Delegating for Success & Accountability
August 23, 2012, 1pm–5pm
- Project Management (Module 3): Scheduling & Tracking
August 31, 2012, 8:30am–12:30pm
Log on to the UC Learning Center to register.
Free UC Retirement Readiness Education Programs for Faculty & Staff
Are you ready for retirement? Start to plan now - it’s never too early. Check the Retirement Readiness Workshop Schedules for new listings today!
Did You Know? You may attend a workshop at any UC campus. Just check the schedule for your preferred location and sign up online.
UC Retirement Plan (UCRP): UC’s Defined Benefit Plan
- Schedule “The Features of UCRP” workshop for your department - click here
- Read about The Future of UCRP
The UC Retirement Savings Programs: 403(b), 457(b) & Defined Contribution (DCP Plans)
- Attend a Workshop at a location near you and make your reservation online - click here for the schedule
- Arrange to have these workshops at a meeting in your department – click here
- Focus on Your Future - Resources
Share Your Bright Ideas
Share your Bright Ideas! Do you have an idea that will change our campus for the better? The UCSF Medical Center, UCSF School of Medicine, and Office of Sustainability now have an online suggestion box for employees to submit ideas that will improve UCSF’s ability to run operations more safely, efficiently, and sustainably. Go to the Bright Ideas website to share, vote and comment on ideas.
HR Update is distributed weekly to individuals on the following listservs: Campus Administrators, Managers and Supervisors, HR Policy, Payroll Administrators and Benefits Representatives.
You can also sign up for the HR Update Mailing List
For more information, including on how to be removed from this list, please read more about UCSF Distribution Lists