HR Update; February 19, 2010
In this Edition
- Inform Employees about Compliance Training Deadlines
- Management Skills Assessment Program
- What is Reasonable Accommodation?
- UC Retirement Readiness Education Programs
Inform Employees about Compliance Training Deadlines
UC Ethical Values & Conduct Training
An email regarding Ethics and Compliance Training for All Employees has just been released to our employees. We ask that you continue to communicate the purpose behind this compliance training and emphasize the importance of completing the training by December 31, 2010.
The purpose of this briefing is to reinforce the Statement of Ethical Values and standards of Ethical Conduct and provide information about reporting instances of non-compliance.
This training is being mandated by UC President (July 17, 2009 memorandum) and the Regental Office of Ethics, Compliance and Audit Services. The learning audience is all UC non-research employees (i.e., faculty, staff, postdoctoral scholars, and employed students). It is required annually, and only takes 20-30 minutes to complete.
Management Skills Assessment Program
Please share the following information regarding our upcoming UC Management Skills Assessment Program (May 3 - 7, 2010) with managers who may be interested in this developmental opportunity.
The UC Management Skills Assessment Program (MSAP) is a week-long residential program designed to assess current management skills in the context of the complexities facing UC managers. 54 participants from Northern California experience scenario exercises, give and receive feedback, discuss strengths and areas for growth, and plan to enhance their management skills.
Detailed information regarding the program, including key dates and deadlines, are available at the following website: http://msap.ucdavis.edu.
- Build awareness of management competencies and skills
- Practice giving and receiving objective behavioral feedback
- Collaborate with colleagues system wide
- Develop an individual career development plan
What is Reasonable Accommodation?
Reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment to a job or the work environment that will enable a qualified employee with a disability to perform his/her essential functions. Reasonable accommodation also includes adjustments to assure that a qualified individual with a disability has the same rights and privileges in employment as non-disabled employees. Please refer to the following websites for more information:
UC Retirement Readiness Education Programs
Please pass this on to your colleagues, circulate invitations, post the actual scheduled workshops happening near your location, or otherwise re-broadcast these weekly reminders about our valuable (FREE) education programs for faculty and staff. Bring your lunch; your questions; your spouse/partner.
- UC Retirement Plan (UCRP)-UC’s Defined Benefit Plan
- UC Retirement Savings Plans - the 403(b), 457(b) and DC Plans
- “Taking Charge of Your Financial Fitness”
- Coming again soon
- “Enrolling in Your UC Retirement Savings Program”
- March 11, Laurel Heights, LHts – 376, 1:00 p.m.
- “Determining Your Right Investment Strategy”
- March 11, Laurel Heights, LHts – 376, 2:30 p.m.
- “Quarterly Market Perspective”
- Coming again soon
- “Accessing Fidelity’s NetBenefits Website”
- Coming again soon
- Refer to these schedules for details and future workshops
- Arrange to have these workshops at a meeting in your department
- Focus on Your Future!
Usually there can be at least one (or more) workshop(s) per week scheduled at various UCSF locations around town. For more details and listings for upcoming scheduled presentations, please refer to our Workshops and Presentations Schedules menus found at our local UCSF HR/Benefits website.
HR Update is distributed weekly to individuals on the following listservs: Campus Administrators, Managers and Supervisors, HR Policy, Payroll Administrators and Benefits Representatives.
You can also sign up for the HR Update Mailing List
For more information, including on how to be removed from this list, please read more about UCSF Distribution Lists