HR Update; October 29, 2010
In this Edition
- UC Benefits Open Enrollment for 2011 - News and Tips
- Enroll in Secure Online W-2 Delivery via At Your Service Online (AYSO)
- New Options for “Learning” on Learning and Development Home Page
- Administering Effective and Appropriate Discipline
- Free UC Retirement Readiness Education Programs for Faculty & Staff
UC Benefits Open Enrollment for 2011 - News and Tips
For All Eligible Faculty and Staff
Starts: October 25, 8:00 am
Ends: November 23, 5:00 pm sharp!
“Make Informed Choices”
Represented Employees and Expansion of Dependent Coverage
Changes in federal law require expanded eligibility for medical plan coverage for dependents to age 26. In addition, the university has expanded this provision to all plans that cover children - medical, dental, vision, legal, life and accident insurance. This expanded eligibility will now be extended to all represented employees as of January 1, 2011.
You may add your children up to age 26 to UC coverage during Open Enrollment. Certain eligibility restrictions apply; please refer to the Group Insurance Eligibility Factsheet to review the ‘definition’ of eligible dependents. For more information on open enrollment topics specific to represented employees click here.
Health Net Blue and Gold Provider Search Tip
The Health Net Blue and Gold providers will not be listed in the regular ‘online’ provider search application on the Health Net website until Jan 1, 2011. However, there are pdf lists of Blue & Gold medical groups, providers and hospitals on the Health Net provider search page.
And note if you are using the online application to search for providers under the standard (current) Health Net plan, when prompted to select your HMO from the down menu, please select “HMO - Group & Salud HMO Plus”.
When enrolling, if you are having trouble getting the AYSO open enrollment application to accept your Health Net PCP number (PCP/PMG Number), try entering it without the leading zero (e.g., enter 0123456789 as 123456789).
Enroll in Secure Online W-2 Delivery via At Your Service Online (AYSO)
While visiting AYSO during Open Enrollment, be sure to select secure Online W-2 delivery, and get your W-2 up to two weeks earlier than those who still wait for a paper W-2 in the mail! Click here to learn how!
New Options for “Learning” on Learning and Development Home Page
We have added two new options on http://ucsfhr.ucsf.edu/index.php/training/ to ensure ease of use for our learners and continual high quality e-learning for our learning audience.
The first option is Get Help Using the UC Learning Center. This link will help users better understand how to:
- Assess our UC Learning Center
- Disable pop-up blockers
- Take a class, complete a class, cancel a class or pay for a class
- View training schedule and transcripts of competed classes
- Take an Epic Class
- Correct a transcript
- Remove from mailing list
- Changing profile information
- Understand why you are asked to take a class
- Contact us for help
The second option is Create a new online course or have one designed. This link provides:
- E-Learning Standards for Online Classes
- Training Request form to help instructors design and develop new class
- Support and guidance to upload classes on to our learning management system
Administering Effective and Appropriate Discipline
It is not always easy to decide when managing performance becomes disciplinary issues. In this November offering on Administering Effective and Appropriate Discipline, we will be providing you with training and tools/resources to be able to:
- Define the difference between performance management and progressive discipline
- Understand the disciplinary process at UCSF
- Discern when disciplinary action should be initiated
- Practice administering progressive discipline
We encourage enrolling in this very informative session to become more skilled in proactively managing your staff’s performance. This session will be held on Monday, November 15th at our Laurel Heights location from 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
To enroll: Log in to the UC Learning Center: https://learningcenter.ucsfmedicalcenter.org with your 9-digit UCSF employee ID. Search for this class title, click “register” to make your selection, and then click “submit” to register.
Free UC Retirement Readiness Education Programs for Faculty & Staff
Are you ready for retirement? Start to plan now - it’s never too early. Check the Retirement Readiness Workshop Schedules for new listings today!
Did You Know? You may attend a workshop at any UC campus. Just check the schedule for your preferred location and sign up online.
UC Retirement Plan (UCRP): UC’s Defined Benefit Plan
- Schedule “The Features of UCRP” workshop for your department - click here
- Read about The Future of UCRP
The UC Retirement Savings Programs: 403(b), 457(b) & Defined Contribution (DCP Plans)
- Attend a Workshop at a location near you and make your reservation online - click here for the schedule
- Arrange to have these workshops at a meeting in your department – click here
- Focus on Your Future - Resources
HR Update is distributed weekly to individuals on the following listservs: Campus Administrators, Managers and Supervisors, HR Policy, Payroll Administrators and Benefits Representatives.
You can also sign up for the HR Update Mailing List
For more information, including on how to be removed from this list, please read more about UCSF Distribution Lists