HR Update; January 12, 2007
In this Edition
- Bargaining Update – January 9, 2007
- Mandatory Employment Notices and Posters
- The 2007 Martin Luther King, Jr. Awards
Bargaining Update – January 9, 2007
UC met with UPTE/CWA on December 11th-15th, 2006 in an attempt to reach agreement on all outstanding issues for HX unit employees. While the parties made considerable progress the University’s counter offer of a five-year agreement was unacceptable to UPTE.
The package included many elements but the highlights are outlined below:
- 5 years of wage increases including:
- substantial increases in year one to address market concerns
- salary increases and a transition to a step structure in year two and for the life of the 5 year agreement
- salary range adjustments and movement through the new steps in years three through five of the contract
- annual local meetings between UPTE and UC to discuss market equity issues
A matching provision on the issue of employee contributions to the pension program (UCRP) for the life of the contract. UPTE and UC continue to actively negotiate on behalf of RX and TX unit employees, and this would provide that UPTE HX employees be treated the same as UPTE RX and TX unit employees with regards to the amount and timing of employee contributions to the pension program for the life of the HX contract. If agreed upon, this would allow the settlement of the HX contract to move forward while pension issues remain in negotiations in the other UPTE bargaining units.
A waiver on employee contributions to healthcare premium costs in 2007 – 2009 (which again would match UPTE’s RX and TX Units for 2007 and 2008.)
A matching provision on the issue of employee contributions to healthcare costs for 2010 and 2011.
The University’s goal in this round of bargaining, one that it believes is shared by the UPTE-HX Bargaining Committee, is to achieve a long-term contract with the Healthcare Professionals Unit which will add predictability and consistency to the lives of HX employees, their families and the patients UC serves.
Although UPTE has provided notice to remove the current extension of the contract effective January 19th, 2007, the University remains hopeful that the parties will find common ground on the outstanding issues at the next bargaining session which is scheduled for January 16 - 19, 2007.
Mandatory Employment Notices and Posters
The following is a revised list of mandatory employment notices and posters that must be posted where employees can view them in the normal course of business. Please ensure that these posters are posted in areas used by employees, such as lobby areas, break rooms and bulletin boards designated for this purpose.
The posters and notices may be found at the links listed below. For additional information, please contact your Labor and Employee Relations Analyst.
- CAL/OSHA - Summary of Occupational Injuries and Illnesses
- CAL/OSHA - Notice of Access to Records
- CAL/OSHA - Notice of Safety and Health in the Workplace
- Fair Employment & Housing Act
- Emergency Phone Numbers List
- California Family and Medical Leave (CFRA)
- Federal Family and Medical Leave
- California Minimum Wage Notice
- Federal Minimum Wage Notice
- Pay Day Notice
- Employee Polygraph Protection Act
- Pregnancy Leave Notice
- Time Off to Vote Notice
- Nondiscrimination (Title 7), Age Discrimination in Employment Act, Americans with Disabilities Act, and Affirmative Action in Employment
- California Unemployment Insurance, Disability Insurance, and Paid Family Leave Notice
- Uniformed Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act (USERRA)
- Walsh-Healey Act
- Whistleblower Policy
- California Workers’ Compensation Notice
Please access http://atyourservice.ucop.edu/... for more information.
The 2007 Martin Luther King, Jr. Awards
The 2007 Martin Luther King, Jr. Awards with the Chancellor will honor Dr. Rene Salazar, Ms. Alice Wong, and Mr. Hamdan Almas.
When : Tuesday, January 16, 2007. 12:00 - 2:00 p.m.
Where: Millberry Union Gymnasium
HR Update is distributed weekly to individuals on the following listservs: Campus Administrators, Managers and Supervisors, HR Policy, Payroll Administrators and Benefits Representatives.
You can also sign up for the HR Update Mailing List
For more information, including on how to be removed from this list, please read more about UCSF Distribution Lists