About the Health Care Facilitator Program
Learn more about the program and the services we provide
Would you like to better understand and obtain the full services and benefits available from your UC-sponsored health plan, dental insurance or health care reimbursement account program? Are you having problems with your health plan, your dental plan or your Health FSA plan which you have been unable to resolve yourself?
The Health Care Facilitator Program was initiated by members of the University Faculty Welfare Committee, UC Emeriti Associations, UC Retiree Associations, and HR/Benefits staff at the Office of the President.
In 1999 a one-year pilot program was launched at UC Irvine and UC Berkeley. In 2000, the program was expanded to UC Santa Barbara and UC Santa Cruz. In 2002, the program was expanded to all other UC campuses and laboratories.
The Health Care Facilitator Program can assist you with:
- Understanding your insurance plan evidence of coverage booklet
- Medicare questions and problems
- Navigating your health plan systems
- Quality of care issues
- Escalated billing problems which you have been unable to resolve yourself
- Appeals and grievances
- Denial of treatment issues not related to enrollment/eligibility
The Health Care Facilitator program enables members by providing:
- Information to help you understand your UC health plan coverage and patient rights
- Education on the use of plan benefits and how they coordinate with Medicare benefits
The Health Care Facilitator program assists members by:
- Intervening to resolve problems of coverage, access and administrative processes.
- Referring problems concerning contract interpretation and coverage disputes to the Office of the President.
- Collecting aggregate data that can be used to improve health plan coverage, processes and communications and serve the future needs of members.
The Health Care Facilitator program serves:
- Active and retired faculty and academics (and enrolled family members)
- Active and retired campus and medical center staff (and enrolled family members)
- Eligible surviving spouses and beneficiaries
Call the Health Care Facilitator Program when:
- You have a question about your UC health plan coverage and patient rights.
- You need help resolving a complex problem with your medical plan.
- You need assistance in understanding how Medicare benefits coordinate with UC-sponsored medical plans.
ALL SERVICES ARE CONFIDENTIAL
Contact the UCSF/UCOP Health Care Facilitator Program:
Office hours: M-F, 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Contact information for the HCF program at each of the UC locations is available in the HCF Program Brochure HCF Program Brochure. (FYI - There is no longer a separate Health Care Facilitator for UCOP.)